U.S. Family Stay Host Coordinator
For over 40 years, VIE has been dedicated to offering a rich, in-depth experience of American life, we consider the Family Stay the essence of the VIE program.
Each summer VIE welcomes hundreds of French teens to the U.S. who want to stay with an American family with a student their own age as an immersion program. We are looking for enthusiastic teachers to coordinate a program in their area.
Programs are approximately 3 weeks in the summer with 10-15 French students and a French chaperon. As the Host Coordinator, you will begin stirring interest in Autumn, recruit host families, then organizing and overseeing the host program in your area during the French students’ family stay. Vistas In Education is here to support you along the way and has additional recruitment tips and materials available. Your excitement about the hosting experience is one of the most powerful recruitment tools you have. Share your enthusiasm; it will inspire and encourage others to get excited about hosting as well!
- Recruit host families and check references
- Hold orientation meeting for host families
- Distribute program information
- Match French students with American families by age and shared interests
- Welcome the group at the airport
- Collaborate with the French chaperon
- Accompany the group to the airport for departure
Host Program Coordinators are given a stipend per successful French student placement, plus an activity fund for a farewell gathering.
For more information, contact us at Vistas@vistasineducation.com or 612.823.7217